Politics in general has been greatly affected by the internet and now we are seeing just how much social networkers are influencing politics.
Over all Internet users compared with the country as a whole:
- Twice as likely to attend a political meeting
- 78% more likely to try and influence someone’s vote
- 53% more likely to have voted or intended to vote
Active Facebook users compared to overall internet users:
- 2.5 more likely to attend a political meeting
- 57% more likely to try and persuade someone’s vote
- 43% more likely to have voted or intended to vote
What Does This Mean To You?
Active Facebook users consider themselves influencers. Beyond the political realm, they are a group that can be very beneficial in recommending your brand to friends & family.
For those in the political world, active Facebook users can be the grassroots engine that drives the political machine. For more information on how we can help you optimize your social media presence, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group Representative or:
Orlando Sentinel Media Group
Source: Pew Research Center