By the end of 2010, 9.7 million US adults owned a tablet, this year, that number is expected to skyrocket to 24 million. The growth in tablet ownership is happening in some very desirable population segments.
Tablet statistics -November 2010 to May 2011:
- Ownership among adults age 18-29 increased 100%
(12% 18-29 year olds own a tablet)
- Hispanic ownership increased 114%
(15% Hispanic adults own a tablet)
- Households with incomes of $50,000+ increased 127%
(25% of adults with household incomes $50,000+ own a tablet)
- Households with incomes $75,000+ increased 88%
(17% of adults with household incomes of $75,000+ own a tablet)
- Overall tablet ownership has grown 60% since November
Why This Is This Important To You?
Tablet ownership is expected to jump this year and the people who own tablets are great targets for your business. Tapping into this lucrative group can mean a huge boost to your business. For more information on how to reach tablet owners, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Representative or:
Orlando Sentinel Media Group
Source: Pew Internet & American Life Project; EMarketer