One of the keys to any successful campaign is directing your message to your target audience. Focusing your message toward specific ethnic groups can not only create results, but can earn loyalty within those communities. A recent study showed us that members of ethnic communities feel diversity in advertising is the best reflection of the real world, but they do not feel that they are being represented or reached by advertising messages.
- Nearly 80% feel diversity is the best reflection of the real world
- 72% feel there should be a larger diversity in advertising
- Nearly 70% said that showing people in their ethnic community displays how they are just like everyone else
- Almost three-quarters feel diversity is the best reflection the real world
- Nearly seven in 10 want to see ads with a larger diversity
- 60% feel diversity in ads shows their uniqueness
- 72% feel that diversity is the best reflection and there should be more diversity in advertising
- 60% feel showing diversity in advertising represts how they are just like other groups
What Does This Mean To You?
In Central Florida, there are nearly 500,000 Hispanic adults and over 350,000 African-American adults. The Asian community has grown 66% in just the last 5 years. These communities could be great potential targets for your business, if you direct your message towards them. The combination of engaging content, diverse creative and behavioral targeting can give your business a huge competitive advantage. In tomorrow’s post, we will show you the types of content that ethnic communities have an affinity for. For more information on targeting your message for greater success, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Supervisor
Source: Yahoo; MindShare; Added Value