Women are an extremely important consumer group that companies cannot ignore. Even if your business or products do not necessarily target women, remember the purchase influence they wield. A recent survey gives us a glimpse into how large of an influence they are.
- 54% of female internet users feel they have a responsibility
to help friends and family make wise purchase decisions
- Nearly half said they influence friends on what or what
not to buy
- Over 80% of Millennial women said they had made or not made a purchase because of the advice of friend or family member
- 46% of Generation X females and more than six in 10 Millennial females say they regularly influence the purchasing decisions of friends or family.
- Over half of Millennial females and a third of Generation X
females say they share their shopping and product experiences
via social networks
What Does This Mean To You?
Whether you’re a man or woman, it should be no surprise that ladies have such a huge influence over purchasing decisions. Females have also become major technology users and the growth of mobile & social networking will only expand the influence they have. Tomorrow’s post will talk about women’s use of social networks and how it affects their decision making process. For more information on targeting women or reputation management, please contact your Orlando Sentinel Media Group representative or:
Advertising Research Supervisor
Source: Fleishman-Hillard and Hurst Magazines; Ipsos Mendelsohn: Emarketer