There are very few things that people take with them wherever they go. Mobile devices are on that list. The fact they have become companion devices to our lives is one of the main reasons why they are so important to your business. Mobile devices give you the ability to reach and affect consumers no matter where they are. A new study details how young adults feel about mobile advertising. Considering the spending power this group has right now and how it will grow in the future – their mobile attitudes are something that business owners should pay attention to.
- Across US markets, 35% of adults own a mobile device
- Nearly half of all 18-29 year olds own a smart phone tablet or pocket PC
- The number of smart phone users is expected to rise 44%
to over 106 million this year
- Among 18-29 year olds, men are more likely to recall seeing mobile advertising. Two-thirds of men who own a mobile phone recall seeing ads on mobile devices, less than
half of women remembered seeing them
- Men in that age group are also better targets for mobile ads – four in 10 either liked or very
much liked seeing mobile ads, just 15% of women liked seeing mobile advertising
- 30% of 18-29 year old women very much disliked mobile ads vs. just 10% of men
What Does This Mean To You?
Younger adult men not only remember seeing mobile ads, they actually enjoy looking at them. While women lag behind in recall and affinity, that should change as mobile ads become more pervasive. It also may be a question
of message targeting. Prior research has shown that women are very responsive to targeted marketing. For more information on reaching your targets or creating mobile results, please contact:
Source: Insight Express; Emarketer; The 2011 Scarborough Multi-Market Report, Release 1