Just five years ago, if you said tablet to someone they probably thought about a bound package of paper or some kind of pill. Now tablets are the hottest consumer product on the market and with Apple’s unveiling of the iPad3, expect more people to be talking tablets.
• By 2014, that number is predicted to jump to nearly 90 million US consumers and 36% of internet users
• Currently, nearly 210,000 Central Florida adults own an iPad and almost 120,000 more plan to buy one in the next 12 months
• Apple sold over 40 million iPads in worldwide in 2011, that’s over 60% of total tablet market
• Across the globe, just over 65 million tablets were sold in 2011
• Apple is expected to sell over 60 million iPads worldwide in 2014 and control nearly 70% of the tablet market
What Does This Mean To You?
Tablets owners love their devices. Once they start using them, they often find they can’t live without them. As a business owner, this is great news for you. As we detailed in a recent post, tablet owners love to shop with their devices. In fact, over 7 in 10 tablet owners use their devices to make purchases on a weekly basis. One thing you need to remember is that tablets are a mobile device. They may offer a larger screen than a smart phone and have increased functionality – butthey still have some limitations. As your mobile strategy evolves, make sure you talk with whoever is developing your standard and mobile sites about developing an iPad or tablet version. This will help you take advantage of
all the bell & whistles that tablets offer. For more information on mobile strategies that bring results, please contact:
Source: Emarketer; HIS iSuppli; The 2011 Scarborough Report, Release 2