Tablets are the hot consumer electronic device. Tablet ownership nearly doubled over the holidays and Apple’s new iPad 3 will continue to fuel tablet purchasing. In fact, in a recent post, we showed research detailing that 55 million tablets will be sold this year. Since some many consumers will be buying tablets, knowing who owns them will help you target users.
• One-third of tablet owners are 18-34 years old, 29% are 35-49
• Over one in four tablet owners are age 50+
• Six in 10 tablet owners are Caucasian, 15%
are Hispanic, 11% are African-American and 9% are Asian
• In Metro Orlando, 36% of iPad owners and adults who plan to buy one in the next year are 18-34. 46% are 35-49 years old
• The median household income for Metro Orlando adulte who own or plan to buy an iPad is 44% higher than the market as a whole
What Does This Mean To You?
Tablet owners could mean sales to your business. Earlier this week, we had a post detailing that tablet owners search and buy from local businesses. Creating a tablet enabled web site lets tablet owners take full advantage of their devices functionality while learning about your business. It also keeps them engaged. Whether it’s SEO, in-app ads or other opportunities, tablets offer your organization a great way to connect with potential loyal shoppers. For more information on how to tablets can develop a new revenue stream for your company, please contact:
Source: Nielsen; The 2011 Scarborough Report, Release 2