Being located in Central Florida, the song “It’s a Small World” is part of the fiber of our being. Social media truly has made the world smaller and much more connected. A new study has been released that shows that social media’s global growth will continue.
• By 2014, that number is expected to grow to over 25% of the total population
• There are nearly 840 million Facebook users globally. From 2011 to 2012 Facebook’s membership grew by 0ver 27%
• Currently, the U.S. has the most Facebook users at over 141 million
• India has the second largest Facebook population at over 68 billion
• Indonesia (49.1 million), Brazil (45.4 million) and Mexico (25.6 million) round out the top five
What Does This Mean To You?
Social networks continue to bring people closer together and give you ways to connect with potential customers – whether they live around the corner or halfway around the world. For Central Florida, this could have major implications. We are the tourist capitol of the world, you can utilize social networks to reach out to travelers prior to them getting here. The Brazilian factor is also very important. Not only is there a big influx of South American tourists – they are a growing population base here. In Metro Orlando, there are over 10,000 people of Brazilian heritage and that number continues to grow. For more information on leveraging the power of social media and targeting specific audiences, please contact:
Source: US Census Bureau; emarketer