Consumers continue to become more dependent on smart phones during the shopping process. A new report has been released that looks at the behaviors of these “smart shoppers” – consumers who use their smart phones to aid in the shopping process.
• Over 70% of “smart shoppers” looked up product facts or figures
on their device and 54% read product reviews on retail sites
• More than half of “smart shoppers” compared prices at different stores and 44% compared prices at competitive retailer websites
• 42% called a friend or family for information and a third emailed them for info about a product
• Nearly 30% found a digital coupon and over one in four read product reviews on a social media site
• 17% of “smart shoppers” posted a question about a product on a social
What Does This Mean To You?
Mobile devices give consumers more power than they have ever had in the past. Today’s “smart shoppers” are actively looking for product information and the best deal. While you may not be able to control their price comparing activities, you can make sure that your store’s information is up-to date and that your site is featuring product reviews. Testimonials are always a positive thing to feature on your site and it’s a great idea to make sure your social media content is free of unresolved customer service issues. Your mobile offerings should also tout services and discounts that may be available. Things like free shipping tend to sway consumers. Email and text campaigns are another great way to keep your organization top of mind with these “smart shoppers”. For more information on how to create success with mobile campaigns, please contact:
Source: Emarter; Leo J Shapiro & Associates