Having children changes people’s lives in many ways. One of the behaviors that is different between those with and those who do not have children is digital use. While many people may believe that people without children are more digitally savvy, new research actually shows those with children are more active in many digital functions. While this may have to do with looking for ways to save time and money, it means that leveraging mobile families could bring you more business.
• 45% of adults with children made an online purchase, that’s 13% higher than those without children in the household
• Over 45% got coupons online, that’s nearly 25% higher than those without kids
Adults with children in their household are much more likely to use a number of mobile tools
• Those with children are more likely to use a mobile device to find a retailer, read product reviews, scan a bar code and select a retailer
• Adults with children in their household are also 25% more likely to engage with companies via permission based SMS programs. Nearly four in 10 adults with kids interact with brands through text
What Does This Mean To You?
Why are households with children important to your business?
In Metro Orlando, adults with children in their households:
• Make up 40% of the adult population
• Have higher household incomes
• Are more likely to work in White-Collar occupations
• Are more likely to purchase a vehicle, home, major appliance or mobile device
Success with families begins with targeting. For more information on how to effectively and efficiently engage adults with children in their households, please contact:
Source: Mobile Commerce Daily; The Integer Group; M/A/R/C Research; The 2012 Scarborough Report, Release 1