Yesterday’s post detailed the expected growth in tablet ownership. Today, we’ll look at who tablet users are. Knowing who the base of tablet users are can help you create offers that are relevant and get the results you need.
• Nearly 30% of tablet owners are age
25 to 34
• From last year to this year the biggest jump has been in the 35 to 54 segment, they increased by 8%. The percentage of users age 8 to 24 fell 8%
• Nearly 60% of tablet owners have household incomes of $50,000+. Over 40% have household incomes of $75,000+
• 52% of consumers who plan to buy a tablet this year are female
• Nearly one in three adults who plan to buy a tablet this year are age 45+
What Does This Mean To You?
The demographics of those who are tablet users and those who plan to buy a tablet this year represents very lucrative consumer buying segment.
In Metro Orlando, adults who own or plan to buy a tablet in the next 12 months:
• 56% are male
• Nearly half are age 35 to 54
• 48% have household incomes of $75,000+
• Over four in 10 work in White-Collar occupations
• More than half have children in their household
• Over 70% are homeowners
Think about who your target audience is and the products you have to offer, then look at the consumer segments that make up tablet owners.
The amount of people that are using tablets to research purchases and buying products is huge. That doesn’t even take into account consumers who may receive your message via email on their tablet. For more information on how tablets can help you grow your business, please contact:
Source: Center For Media Research; OPA; Frank Magid Associates