Recently, we displayed new research that showed blogs were mom’s most trusted social source of information. Today, we’ll look at what actions moms take because of the information they find on blogs. Moms, often being the keepers of the family finances, are not only a great consumer segment – they have a large influence of most major purchases.
• 56% purchased a food product that was advocated
• 54% watched a TV program after a suggestion was given
• Nearly half bought a baby toy that was suggested on a mom blog
• 45% purchased a toy after advice from a blog
• Over four in 10 forwarded a post to a friend
What Does This Mean To You?
Moms are not just looking for advice and information; they are also acting on what they find. Because they are actively looking for information and pass that information, the opinions that moms have could impact your business. Their social activity means they have a large circle of influence. As a business you should look for opportunities to use moms in testimonials and reward them for sharing positive information about your brand or company. For more information on engaging moms and the most cost effective ways to create loyal shoppers among them, please contact:
Source: emarketer; BlogHer