One of the reasons mobile devices have been so quickly adopted by consumers is the convenience these devices deliver. Convenience is something that shoppers crave as well. They want to get into stores, make purchases, pick up items and be on their way as quickly and easily as possible. There are many digital tools that will assist them in these endeavors. A new research report has been released that shows what companies across the country are doing to improve in-store shopping. This information can help you create a winning mobile strategy.
• Nearly two-thirds have geo-location options to find specific products via mobile sites
• One-third offer in-store pickup after mobile purchasing
• Almost two-thirds of retailers allow customer to make purchases online and make in-store returns
• Nearly 60% of retailers give customers the ability to buy in store and have merchandise shipped directly to them or someone else
• Just over half let customers make online purchases and then do
• Over 40% of stores have mobile purchasing options
• One in five stores now offer social commerce
What Does This Mean To You?
Competition for shoppers is fierce and digital tools can give you an advantage over other stores.
Putting these tools in place is important, but what are you doing to tell shoppers about them. Shoppers are bound to be cost conscious this holiday season but they are also mindful of time and effort. After all, time is one thing you cannot purchase more of. Be sure to promote any digital tools you have along with your offers. Digital tools will also give you the ability to build up a database. This information can be very use for in creating relevant communication with customers. The more you can target an offer, the more successful your offers will be. For more information on how digital tools can drive more business to your organization, please contact:
Source: eMarketer; e-tailing group; Retail Spectrums Research