Consumers may not be saying “Bah Humbug”, but many plan to give less gifts and save money where ever they can. It’s easy to go overboard during the holidays, but recent research shows us how shoppers will be cutting back and keeping within their budget.
• Over 60% of shoppers plan to change the way they shop in order to save money this year
• Two-thirds of those who plan on saving will buy more items that are
• Over half are going to buy lower-priced items
• Nearly 50% will either go online for coupons, deals or better prices or use more store coupons
• Over 40% plan to spend less money on themselves or buy only what their family actually needs
• Roughly four in 10 will make a list and stick to it in order not to over spend or only buy items that qualify for free shipping
• 38% are going to consolidate shopping trips to save gas
• 34% will only shop at stores that have free shipping
• Nearly 30% are going to shop at less expensive stores than in prior years
What Does This Mean To You?
Saving money is paramount for a majority of holiday shoppers. Any campaign that you engage in should promote the value you deliver and the benefit of shopping at your location. Also, because so many consumers are looking at consolidating shopping trips – you may not have multiple opportunities to get a customer in the door. It’s important to know what your competition is doing to ensure your offers are valuable to customers. As we’ve seen in the past, shipping charges are an issue with consumers. Free or reduced shipping can help you get more customers interested in your goods & services. For more information on tactics that can help your business get more customers,please contact:
Source: Mobile Commerce Daily; Deloitte