We depend on mobile devices for everything from the phone number of the new restaurant in the neighborhood to what is the best kind of laundry detergent to buy to how much that new vehicle might cost. One of the things that mobile is becoming a bigger resource for is health information. A new study has been released that looks into how people are using mobile devices for health purposes.
• Women, adults under 50 and minorities are groups that have seen the biggest growth in using mobile devices to find health information
• More than eight in 10 smart phone owners have downloaded a health app to their device
• Nearly one in four adults under 30 use a health app on their smart phone as do over 20% of women
• The top downloaded health apps are used to track exercise or fitness
• Over 30% track diet, food or calories and 12% track weight
What Does This Mean To You?
The holidays are usually a time when many people over indulge and don’t worry about calories or exercise. That takes a dramatic turn once the New Year rolls around. Historically, health topics such as getting in shape, losing weight or stopping smoking are the top resolutions that people engage in. Health related topics also give your business a great opportunity to market health related products or services at a time of year that people are interested in that type of content. A targeted message combined with relevant content can give you a competitive advantage. For more information on how to make health based content bring your business bigger results,please contact:
Source: Mobile Commerce Daily; Pew Internet and American Life Project