All the latest research points to how big mobile was this holiday season. It’s not just how many consumers relied on mobile devices to help them find, research and purchase gifts; it’s also how many devices wound up under the tree. New research has been released that shows Santa’s sleigh was pretty packed with mobile devices this year.
• Last year, there were 6.8 million mobile device activations on Christmas day, 2012 marks an increase of 250%
• During the first three weeks of December, roughly 4 million devices were activated each day
• Activations on Christmas were over 300% higher than the average December day
• Tablets were a big holiday gift – just over half of all mobile devices activated on Christmas day were tablets
• From December 1st through December 20th, just 20% of activations were tablets
What Does This Mean To You?
Don’t expect the importance of mobile to your business to diminish. More consumers are becoming mobile-ly engaged and that means more people finding and researching your business via mobile device. Mobile also gives you a tremendous avenue to create shopper loyalty. Email is rapidly becoming a mobile first function. The vast majority of consumers check their email via mobile device before they check it on a desktop machine. Email and permission based SMS text messaging campaigns can put your offers in front of likely shoppers while they are out and about. Mobile devices also make it easy for consumers to find your location. Geo-location functions puts getting directions to you just a click away. Social media is also moving towards mobile. This means that user comments – good and bad – are available for potential customers to see while they are in your location. Mobile can be a major resource to help you get more results, but you’ll need to how to effectively and efficiently deploy it. For more information on how to make your mobile strategy more profitable,
Source: Flurry Analytics