Lots of consumers made mobile purchases this holiday season. The top of mind purchase power of mobile devices ensures that m-commerce activity is anything but a fad. A new report has been released that shows just how big m-commerce was last year.
• That’s an 81% growth over 2011 and it accounted for 11% of total e-commerce revenue
• This year, mobile is anticipated to account for 15% of the e-commerce total
• Over 20% of consumers used a mobile device to buy something in December of 2012 – that’s an increase of 55% from last December
What Does This Mean To You?
Mobile devices are moving from a research tool to an acquisition tool. Consumers are using them not just to find out about products and compare them – more and more are completing their purchase via mobile device. Consumers are starting to expect m-commerce options on mobile sites. Having a mobile site gives you the ability to make a sale when products are top of mind with consumers. If you don’t have an m-commerce option, 2 bad things can happen.
1. The shopper could decide they don’t want or need the product
2. They make the purchase from one of your competitors, possibly leading to a long-term, loyal relationship.
M-commerce options close the loop and make a convenient way for you to fulfill your customer’s needs. For more information on how mobile can increase your revenues, please contact:
Source: Mobile Commerce Daily; eMarketer