What’s Your Go-To Device?
Technology has made our lives easier in so many ways. But, it’s also made it confusing at the same time. Today, we’ve got a vast array of devices and platforms to get the news from. New research has been released that shows what devices go-to first when looking for news and information.
• Just under 20% replied laptop and 15% said desktop computer
• 8% of those surveyed said their smart phone was the device they relied on most for news & information and 4% said tablet
• Women were more likely than men to have the TV as their go-to device
• Among 18 to 34 year olds, 30% responded they relied most on their TV, but 28% responded laptop
• Nearly one in four 18 to 34 year olds also said that mobile devices (smart phones & tablets) were their first option for news and information
What Does This Mean To You?
The ways we find news and information, especially breaking news, are constantly evolving.
Think about how you find out Michael Jackson passed away?
Now think about the way you heard that Pope Benedict resigned this morning?
Mobile is becoming the conduit from which people are getting their news and information.
It’s not just the mobile web; it’s also social media and email moving to mobile first.
Your business needs to be fully optimized for mobile. Not just your web presence, but your social sites as well. For more information on utilizing mobile to get results, please contact:
Source: eMarketer; Belkin