Earlier this week, we published posts on mobile and digital coupon use. Embracing mobile coupons can put your business ahead of the curve and give you a competitive advantage with consumers looking for the convenience mobile offers. A new study has been released that looks at how consumers want to redeem mobile coupons.
• Six in 10 mobile retail and grocery coupon users say the value of the coupon influences redemption
• Over half prefer to displaying the coupon to the cashier for redemption
• Less than one in four prefer self scanning based methods
• Over 40% like to get mobile coupons by SMS texting
• 36% say push notification coupons are useful
What Does This Mean To You?
The use of mobile coupons, like most offers, is dependent on the value they deliver. Also influencing coupon redemption is the attitude a retailer has towards mobile coupons. If your customers don’t find value in the coupons or it is a hassle to redeem them – shoppers will avoid them. When consumers ignore your coupons, it is basically eliminating one of the advantages you have over the competition. One of the positive takeaways from this study is the feelings toward SMS based coupons. Permission based SMS campaigns are a great way to create a one to one connection point with your customers. For more information on tools to increase your businesses bottom line, please contact: