In yesterday’s post, we chronicled just how many people are turning to the Internet for health information and how your business can get results from them. Today we’ll look at what types of information they are searching for.
• Nearly 40% of men and half of women are seeking information about particular medical procedures
• Weight loss was the number one individual top looked for – nearly one in three searchers age 18-49 years old sought information on weight loss
• One in four men and women looked for information regarding medical insurance or medical coverage
• 16% of women and 15% of men wanted more information about a prescription drug they saw advertised
• Overall, nearly 80% of women and two-thirds of men consulted an online source for medical information
What Does This Mean To You?
The internet for many people is more than a research or information tool, it’s a solution tool.
It doesn’t matter what type of business you are in, the online information you put forward should be seen as a solution to a problem consumers may have. Solutions are much more valuable than advertising. Consumers are much more likely to share, forward, “like” and retweet solutions than a simple branding message.
Creating solutions starts by having a conversation with your current customers. What needs are you filling. How are you making their lives easier or saving them money. This not only helps you construct solution based marketing messages, it also helps you build your unique selling proposition. For more information on how to create marketing messages that have value to your customers and potential customers, please contact:
Source: eMarketer; The Pew Internet And American Life Project