Memorial Day approaching means 2 things. It’s the unofficial start to summer and that Jaws will be all cable TV channels for the next few months. While Chief Brody thinks they need a bigger boat, the travel category is experiencing bigger mobile results. Travel is one of the few categories where desktop dollars are still way ahead of mobile money. New research has just been released showing just that mobile dollars are growing extremely fast and future growth is even more mobile oriented.
● This year, the travel category is expected to hit $145 billion in revenue.
● 18% of the travel category is expected come from mobile
● In the past year, total travel dollars increased by 6%. Mobile travel categories increased by nearly 60%
● Next year, travel spending is expected to increase by another 6%.
● Mobile is expected to account for nearly 25% of all travel revenue in 2015. Year of year, mobile is expected to increase by over 40%
● By 2018, mobile travel revenue is projected to increase to nearly $65 billion
What This Means To You
No matter where your business is located, out of town visitors can mean an additional revenue stream that can come to you via mobile. Mobile devices aren’t just consumers constant companions when the are traveling for business or pleasure. In fact, mobile devices can maybe an even bigger influence while people are vacationing. That means your social reputation, online reviews and search strategy can either help draw these customers in or drive them to a competitor. Travel aps might group deal sites are other tactics to explore. For more information on reaching customers both near and far, please contact: