Yesterday, we posted information on how reliant moms are on their smart phones. In fact, moms are more than 2.5 times more likely to say that smart phones are their primary device. Well we all know moms are masters of multitasking, new research also show thay are masters of multi-platform.
● 76% of moms are online and watch TV at the same time, 60% do it on a daily basis
● Nearly 30% of moms use their smartphones at the same time they are TV all the time
● 16% of moms are on their iPad all the time while watching TV
● More than a third of moms are on their smart phone and 31% are on their iPad often while watching TV
● 28% are on their smartphones and 29% are on iPads sometimes while viewing
● Overall, 89% of moms who own smartphones use the devices while watching TV, 86% of moms who have iPads use them while watching
What Does This Mean To You?
Moms multitasking activities give you the opportunity to supplement the impact of your TV and online buys. The use of mobile devices allows you to increase engagement and relevance with any target audience. To get the full benefit, you’ll need to monitor social media and respond quickly. You need to be able to react to people posting things about your commercials or tweeting about them. This also means you will have to ensure your SEO programs are up to task. The last thing you want is for a consumer to see your add and to search for more information and not be able to easily find you.
I recently heard a great quote – Where’s the best place to hide a dead body?
On the second page of a google search balance,
For more information on creating lasting connections with potential
customers, please contact:
Sources: eMarketer; BabyCenter
How often do you find yourself asking, “What did we do before X?” Once you take out things like medicine and electricity, that list is fairly short. Microwaves, indoor plumbing, and air conditioning come to mind. The newest addition to that list are smart phones. The functionality that tablets offer and their portability have tablets as the next item that user just can’t live without. A newly released study looks at how often people use their tablets.
• Nearly three quarters
of tablet owners use their device everyday – nearly 60% use them several times a day
• On average, tablet owners utilize their devices nearly 14 hours per week
• Almost half use them 10+ hours per week and one in six uses them 20+ weekly
• Nearly 60% of tablet owners use their devices between 5pm and 8pm; over half use their devices from 8pm to 11pm
• Tablet owners are multitaskers. 85% of tablet owners second screen with a TV and their tablet or smart phone. Two-thirds will use three devices – TV, smart phone or tablet and a PC
• Tablet owners spend roughly an hour and a half each day multiscreening
What Does This Mean To You?
Nearly 60% of tablet owners said they were very satisfied with their purchase and that number has increased year over year. Consumers are definitely engaged with these devices and that level of engagement can mean added awareness to your business. Because of the mobile web activities tablet owners are engaged in, mobile web, video and SEO become more important. Making sure your message is available, visible and searchable is key. Apps can also play a big role – just make sure that the apps you place your message in deliver relevant content to your target audience.
When consumers use tablets and their multiscreen behavior can mean trouble for broadcast advertisers.
If you are on television, viewers are splitting their attention between what’s on their tablet and what is on TV. Because the tablet is portable and they most likely physically interacting with it – content on the tablet may be getting more attention. For more information on creating a marketing strategy that will deliver your business results, please contact:
Source: Center For Media Research; OPA; Frank Magid Associates