Yesterday, we posted information on how reliant moms are on their smart phones. In fact, moms are more than 2.5 times more likely to say that smart phones are their primary device. Well we all know moms are masters of multitasking, new research also show thay are masters of multi-platform.
● 76% of moms are online and watch TV at the same time, 60% do it on a daily basis
● Nearly 30% of moms use their smartphones at the same time they are TV all the time
● 16% of moms are on their iPad all the time while watching TV
● More than a third of moms are on their smart phone and 31% are on their iPad often while watching TV
● 28% are on their smartphones and 29% are on iPads sometimes while viewing
● Overall, 89% of moms who own smartphones use the devices while watching TV, 86% of moms who have iPads use them while watching
What Does This Mean To You?
Moms multitasking activities give you the opportunity to supplement the impact of your TV and online buys. The use of mobile devices allows you to increase engagement and relevance with any target audience. To get the full benefit, you’ll need to monitor social media and respond quickly. You need to be able to react to people posting things about your commercials or tweeting about them. This also means you will have to ensure your SEO programs are up to task. The last thing you want is for a consumer to see your add and to search for more information and not be able to easily find you.
I recently heard a great quote – Where’s the best place to hide a dead body?
On the second page of a google search balance,
For more information on creating lasting connections with potential
customers, please contact:
Sources: eMarketer; BabyCenter